Once an Affiliate is accepted onto ShareASale, they are able to browse through our list of over 4,000 Merchants Programs. Once a Merchant has been identified as a good fit, the Affiliate sends an application to join which serves as their introduction and first impression. A typical Merchant receives many applications daily so it’s important that this first impression is a good one.
Our team of Affiliate Development Managers are frequently asked by Affiliates how they can better their chances of a Merchant accepting their program application. Check out these tips so you can learn some ways to stand out from other applicants:
1. Your website is complete and user-friendly.
- Don’t apply to programs before your site is complete or while under construction.
- Content is clear so that customer know what the website is trying to convey.
- Web site has a consistent topic or niche and sticks to it.
- Web site is well-organized and user-friendly. Be sure that your site’s theme or design is optimized for multiple screen views (mobile, tablet, desktop).
2. Your site is relevant to the program in which you are applying for.
- For Example: If you are applying to a Home & Garden Merchant, you want your website related to home & garden or DIY.
- Your content and messaging is targeted towards the same target audience as the brand or company.
- Make sure your niche or various areas of interest are represented in your category structure and on your About Us page.
PRO TIP: If you have more than one website, add additional websites inside your ShareASale account by going to Account > Edit Settings > Additional Websites you Control
3. Provide your general marketing plan in the space provided.
This will help speed up the approval process. It can include which of your websites you will use, PPC Terms, marketing strategy, social media influence, differentiators, etc.
“I own and operate a network of content blogs and I plan on advertising your cutting board products on my food blog.”
4. All contact information is up-to-date
- It is important to have your contact information up-to-date so you can receive email notifications upon being accepted into Merchant programs.
- You will also receive emails and newsletters from your Merchant partners in addition to any ShareASale updates. You can update your contact information inside your account under Account Settings > Edit Settings.
There may come a time, where you have followed all of the steps above but still find that the application has not been approved. Should this happen to you, I would recommend reaching out to the Merchant directly so you can further explain why you feel there is a great partnership potential. There are a few ways to go about contacting Merchants through the ShareASale interface:
- Log into your ShareASale Account
- Tools > Download your Merchant List
- Direct contact information for the Affiliate Manager will be included in the report
2. Contact Merchant via the Merchant Summary Report:
- Log into your ShareASale account
- Reports > Merchant Summary
- There is a contact button for each Merchant on the right side of the page.