I am often asked what separates one agency from another. This distinction is not based solely on the names of their merchant programs, but instead directly reflects 5 key strategies employed by each.
Develop strong and lasting affiliate relationships
- Agencies do this by employing various commission incentives (Bonuses, Commission Rules, Giveaways)
- They also are masters at gathering data on affiliates and storing it to better incentivize affiliates
- They attend industry shows to meet personally with affiliates and ensure the affiliate can put a face to the name
Masters of Reporting
- Top Agencies are masters of ShareASale reporting, utilizing reports such as the Year in Review, Notable Affiliates, and Affiliate Timespan report to gather data to improve their merchant programs
Use the Tools
- The top agencies use every tool available to them to segment, attribute, and incentivize affiliates
- Some of these tools are Tags, Clickstream Commissions, New Vs. Returning Commissions, datafeed and so many more that really drive the incremental sales that every merchant likes to see
If you have not already, feel free to email me at Bethany [at] shareasale.com and we can work together to make your agency stand out.
- Top agencies really strategize to effectively use placements to continually get in front of new affiliates and do so in such a manner to ensure that the impact on the program is optimal
- The Top agencies in our network utilize every ShareASale resource. This includes working with the technical team to ensure the account is set up in a way to ensure growth or reading our blog for promotional opportunities.
- Most importantly, every great agency in our network has set up monthly calls with the Agency Relationship Manager to ensure they are always in the know on ways to improve their programs.