A mistake we see commonly repeated is simply joining too many programs. It is just natural, when presented with so many options (ShareASale hosts nearly 4,000 programs) to “bite off more than you can chew” and end up joining 100s of programs.
While this isn’t the end of the world, we recommend a different approach if you are getting started in Affiliate Marketing or with ShareASale.
Join five to ten successful Merchants within the network
Why should I select 5-10 Merchants instead of 100 Merchants?
- Quality over quantity is key – and gives you a base from which to grow.
- You can build a close relationship with those select Merchants.
- You can take the time to create quality ads/posts/sites for those Merchants.
- You can stay up-to-date with the Merchant’s new offers and products
There are several things to look for when choosing your Merchant partners but remember that every blogger will be looking for something different. I recommend paying attention to these details when choosing Merchants:
- Most importantly – find Merchants that match your audience.
- Check out their Reversal Rate to see how many sales are typically voided due to returns, etc…
- Avg. Commission and Avg. Sale in the past 30 days – specifically, how do they relate to your audience!
- 7 day and 30 day EPC (Earnings averaged on the network per every 100 clicks)
- Auto-Deposit activated – This is important.
- Recently updated creatives
You can view all of this information when you Search for Merchants inside your ShareASale Affiliate account.
If you have questions regarding what type of Merchants would work best with your blog or website, please do not hesitate to contact us!