Along with complimentary features, ShareASale realizes it is important for Merchants to be able to access high potential Affiliates. We have an Affiliate Invitations Tool that sends private invitations to top performing Affiliates in a category that are not yet in your program. You will be able to set criteria based on category commission rank, total commission rank and category focus. It will give you an exact number of Affiliates that are being targeted and will send them a personalized invitation to join your program.
Step 1: Choose Category and Date Range
The Affiliate Invitations Tool is located under ‘Tools’ then click on ‘Become a Featured Program.’ Then you will see ‘Create Invite’ and a page will appear that looks like this:
Step 2: Set Performance Criteria
The second step is to set your performance criteria. This is where you use sliders to fine tune your targeted Affiliates.
- Category Commission Rank: Affiliates have been ranked based on their performance in your targeted category over your selected time span.
- Total Commission Rank: Affiliates have been ranked based on their overall performance.
- Category Focus: This is the percentage of the affiliate’s revenue that was generated in your targeted category. A 100% score means that all of the affiliate’s revenue was generated in your targeted category.
- Overall Focus: Affiliates have been ranked based on the number of merchant programs through which they have generated at least one hit during your selected time span.
Step 3: Set Join Incentives
Step 3 is very important for building an Affiliate Invitation. ShareASale strongly recommends adding an incentive for the Affiliate to accept. Affiliates have thousands and thousands of programs to choose from, so this is your opportunity to get their attention. You will be able to choose exact predefined or create custom rules for the invite. Some examples include:
- Double Commission for the first 30 days
- Additional 2% through the end of the year
- $5 bonus on each sale for the first 90 days
- $50 First sale bonus
- $100 bonus for 10 sales in 30 days
Step 4: Affiliate Invitations Reservation
Reserve the next time slot available or when you want your invitations to be sent. Affiliates will have two weeks to accept your invitation.
Step 5: Payment
This tool will give you the total number of Affiliates that are being targeted. This paid recruitment tool is $200 + $5 for every invitation. However, if once an Affiliate accepts your invitation, the $5 is refunded back to you.
Step 6: Send Your Creative!
Another very important step is creating the perfect image for your invitations to make a great impression on your targeted Affiliates. The image specs are 350 pixels by 230 pixels in a .jpg, .png or .gif format. I recommend keeping this image affiliate-oriented and relevant. It can be similar to the banner ads that you are already providing for your current base of Affiliates.
You are able to add text visible to the Affiliate, so perhaps a very brief company/product description with any unique details or competitive features about your Affiliate Program. You can include your join incentives here, as well.