One of the most important tasks of an affiliate program manager is reviewing the Affiliate applications requesting to join your program. Depending on the age of the program, there may be 80-100 new applications to review each month. This can be a pretty time consuming task, so ShareASale has developed a tool to help you filter for specific Affiliate characteristics.
With Custom Affiliate Application rules, you can set filters based on desired or undesired attributes of affiliates that apply to your program. The custom application rules will be applied to all affiliates who request to join your program. The Affiliate’s data profile will be automatically compared against all active rules in the order of their rule priority. If a rule is matched and the rule’s “Stop Processing More Rules” is set to YES, no further rules will be tested.
If an Affiliate’s data does not meet any of the rules in place, the default approval setting will take precedence. You can delete or turn off any rules at any time.
The custom approval rules tool is the perfect time saver for your program if, for example:
- You no longer work with Affiliates from specific states due to Affiliate nexus tax laws.
- You know you always want to auto approve any Affiliate who is at Full Membership status with ShareASale, IS from the US or Canada, does NOT have adult content on their site.
- You want to set the program to auto approve, but pend any applications from coupon sites for further review.
There are endless possibilities of rules you could put into place to help automate the filter process of Affiliate applicants. If there is a filter you would like to implement and would like some assistance putting it into place, just submit a support ticket from inside your account and we will be happy to walk you through any questions.
Custom Affiliate Approval Rules in a Nutshell
- Approval Rules allow you to automatically set an Affiliate’s application to approved, declined, or pending based on specific qualifications
- Located: My Account > Edit Settings > Auto-Approve Affiliates “Add Custom Approval Rules”