It was brought to my attention that a blog containing some instruction or explanation of “Two-Tiered” programs could be helpful…so here it is:
A two tiered program is designed to incentivize your current affiliates, to go out an recruit more affililates for you. There are two basic ways to do this:
1. Provide them with a flat “bounty” amount for each new affiliate recruited. For example, pay $5 for each affiliate that they recruit to sign up.
2. Provide them with an ongoing percentage of their recruited affiliate’s commissions. For example, if oneo f the affiliates that they recruit earns a $10.00 commission on a specific sale, you would offer a bonus of 5% of that number… or $0.50. Each sale that took place would earn the original affiliate this second tier bonus.
There is no one way better than the other, as some affiliate prefer higher bounties, and some prefer ongoing revenue. You can please both crowds however as we allow you to set up a mix of the above, using both tactics to incentivize affiliate to recruit for you.
One word of caution: though it is great to have a two-tier program, don’t expect it to be your only source of recruitment… If you think of it this way, some of your best affiliates will have no interest in recruiting for you because it brings more competition to the program – and if they are doing well with your program they won’t want to tell all their friends. :)
To setup a two-tier program, all you need to do is visit: “Edit Program Information” and….
1. Set the following setting “Do you offer 2-tiered commissions?” to “Yes”
2. Enter in a value for Two-Tier Percentage (example number 2 in the above explanation)
3. Enter in the value for a Two-Tier Bounty (example one in the above)
Hope this helps. :)