One of the issues that we hear the most about from affiliates involves merchant programs that go offline due to lack of funds. Early on, we decided that it was important to make sure that any generated commission had funds to back it up, so that no affiliate would be denied a commission that they earned. What this meant was, when an merchant ran out of funds in their account, all links would need to stop working until the merchant added funds to their account.
A few years ago, we added in a feature called the “Auto-Deposit”, where a merchant could provide payment details to us, and that payment would be processed automatically by our system whenever their balance reached a certain amount (that the merchant would choose). This is a HUGE selling point for an affiliate program, and many affiliates are only choosing programs that are participating in the Auto-Deposit program. Here are a few more key reasons to sign up:
- When a merchant program is offline, affiliate’s sites are then filled with dead links – which could force them to replace those links with other programs if the situation is not rectified quickly.
- When searching for a program to join on the ShareASale Network, those merchants that are participating in Auto-Deposit have an icon next to their name that indicates their participation.
- If your account goes low during a time when you are not in the office such as a weekend or holiday, you won’t have to worry about going offline.
- You’ll receive 3 notices from our system should the deposit fail for any reason. We attempt deposits with 2 seperate systems for redundancy.
- Did I mention that affiliates love it.
There are a few threads on the Affiliate Marketing Forum – ABestWeb that talk about this issue, I would recommend to any merchant that they take a quick look to see how important this issue is to affiliates.
Temporarily Offline Merchants