As an Affiliate Development Manager, a common question or concern I get from Affiliates is how they can better their chances that a Merchant will accept their application to join a program. Once an Affiliate is accepted into ShareASale, there are over 3,900 Merchants to choose from. Once a Merchant has been selected, the Affiliate’s application to join is essentially as important as making a great first impression. There are several steps Affiliates take with every application to increase the likelihood of acceptance. Check out my tips below!
1. Website is complete and contains valuable information
What constitutes for complete and valuable information?
- Content is clear so that customer know what the website is trying to convey
- Website has a set topic and sticks to it
- Website is organized and user friendly
2. Website is relevant to the program in which you are applying for
- For Example: If you are applying to a Home & Garden Merchant, you want your website related to home & garden or DIY.
- If you have more than one website, add additional websites inside your ShareASale account by going to Account > Edit Settings > Additional Websites you Control
3. Provide your general marketing plan in the space provided
This will help speed up the approval process. It can include which of your websites you will use, PPC Terms, marketing strategy, etc.
“I own and operate a network of content blogs and I plan on advertising your cutting board products on my food blog.”
4. All contact information is up-to-date
- It is important to have your contact information up-to-date so that you can receive email notification if you have been accepted into Merchant programs.
- You will also receive emails and newsletters from your Merchant partners as well as any ShareASale updates. You can update your contact information inside your account under Account Settings > Edit Settings.
There may come a time, where you have followed all of the steps above but still find that the application has not been approved. Should this happen to you, I would recommend reaching out to the Merchant directly so you can further explain why you feel there is a great partnership potential. There are a few ways to go about contacting Merchants through the ShareASale interface:
- Log into your ShareASale Account
- Tools > Download your Merchant List
- Direct contact information for the Affiliate Manager will be included in the report
2. Contact Merchant via the Merchant Summary Report:
- Log into your ShareASale account
- Reports > Merchant Summary
- There is a contact button for each Merchant on the right side of the page.