1. Choose a product that fits the blogger’s site and audience to ensure the most interesting review.
2. Encourage the blogger to get creative with the product and review. Offer some unique points and insight, the more personality the better and a new spin is always great.
3. Consider providing two product samples: one for the blogger’s review and one for them to use as a giveaway. A great way to get your product in the hands of a potential consumer!
4. Be clear on the blogger’s product review publish date(s) to ensure plenty of available stock on the item and to keep from having competitive promotions.
5. Require a “stand-alone” review where only the selected merchant’s products and company are featured.
Consider providing two product samples: one for the blogger’s review and one for them to use as a giveaway.
Jennifer brings almost 20 years of online business and marketing experience working in a variety of industries such as jewelry, apparel, sports, eye care, electronics, baby and giftware. She has shown proven success through increasing site conversion rate up to 4 percentage points and growing online revenue up to 180% in only 6 months!
Prior to starting ebove & beyond in 2003, Jennifer was responsible for building Palm Beach Jewelry’s (www.palmbeachjewelry.com) online business from the ground up. As head of e-commerce for over 2 years, the website grew at an amazing rate boasting strong traffic numbers and record sales.
Before her time at Palm Beach Jewelry, Jennifer served as an affiliate manager, an email manager and eventually Co-op/ Partnership Development Manager for Amazon.com’s UK division, www.amazon.co.uk. In her role as Partnership Manager, she created and managed the strategic partnership program and brought in top accounts such as Virgin, BBC, Disney and Paramount Studios. With these top accounts, she exceeded the annual program goal by 50% in the first 3 months alone. As a result she was presented with Amazon’s prestigious “Door Desk Award” in 2000.
Jennifer holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in Journalism with a concentration in Advertising. She is also a Certified E-Commerce Consultant through The Institute of Certified E-Commerce Consultants, and is on the Board of Directors for CEP, Inc. located in Columbia, South Carolina. In addition, she is a member of The DMA (Direct Marketing Association), the AMA (American Marketing Association), PMA (Performance Marketing association) and NAFE (National Association for Female Executives).