This case study examines how DMi Partners used ShareASale’s tools, technology and partners to drive revenue for LA Apparel during COVID-19.
Los Angeles Apparel is a basics apparel manufacturer and online retailer passionate about bringing back comfort basics made in the USA. The brand is deeply focused on using economic and environmentally sustainability practices to produce high-quality garments meant to last, created by highly-trained workers in South Central Los Angeles. In partnership with full-service digital marketing agency DMi Partners, it launched its inaugural affiliate program on the ShareASale platform in April 2020 amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
The merchant’s goals for entering the affiliate space were centered around leveraging content publishers and media outlets to help gain exposure. LA Apparel began manufacturing cloth face masks in response to COVID-19, outlining the two primary goals:
- Leverage the valuable voice of content to inform consumers of their new face mask product line as restrictions heightened and masks became recommended or mandatory
- Utilize mass media outlets to target individuals working from home to promote their clothing’s comfort and wearability
Following a quick and seamless integration on ShareASale, the LA Apparel & DMi Partners team focused on:
- Targeting top evergreen content to include LA Apparel products
- Building and optimizing mass media relationships
- Producing content briefs to showcase the brand’s value
- Working direct with publishers to feature products relevant to and in-demand during coronavirus
Thanks to the tools, technology and quality of partners available on ShareASale, in just one month live on the platform the LA Apparel affiliate program saw…
- 35 new mass media placements secured
- 12.7% conversion rate for affiliate placements
- $1m revenue growth from affiliate-driven sales
- 40% of new customers returning to make a second purchase
To learn more about the LA Apparel affiliate program, including how to partner with the brand, click here. For more information on COVID-19, please visit our information hub where we bring you the latest news from Awin and ShareASale, as well as links to network insights and useful pointers, alongside wider updates.