So, you already have a Datafeed, huh?
While your Datafeed may be up to date and set up properly, we urge you to examine the fields of information that you are sending. Many of our network tools pull information from the recommended (read: not required) fields so your Datafeed may not be as effective for Affiliates when they use tools like the Make-a-page and Product Search.
Some helpful “suggested fields” that can benefit the Merchant during an Affiliate’s Product Search and content tools include:
- Name of the Product
- Full Image
- Thumbnail Image
- Search Terms
Example Make-a-Page product listings (Affiliate’s point of view):
The above example demonstrates the search results for the term “wallets” within the Make-a-page tool for a Merchant that does not provide images vs. one that does. Clearly, the Merchant on the left is at a disadvantage and is not likely to be promoted in this blogger’s content post using this tool.
Here is a full list of the field recommendations:
Tips and Tricks:
- Update your Datafeed regularly! Outdated or incorrect information does not convert.
- Keep spelling & phrasing consistent in characterization fields (womens, women’s).
- All columns must be represented in the Datafeed & in the specified order.
Avoid Common Mistakes:
- Each product should be on one line, no line breaks please.
- SKU’s must be unique, duplicates are removed.
- Column 9 & 10 correspond to ShareASale numeric options.
Send it to us!
- Your file should be in .csv format and uploaded as a .zip or .gz archive.
- Want to automate the upload process? Merchants are able to update the Datafeed via FTP. Contact us to set this up!
Upload new Datafeed in your account!