Did you know that as a Merchant you can set auto-replies for your Affiliate applications? This is a handy way to save time when you have numerous Affiliates trying to join your program on a daily basis.
To set these up, you will want to go to your edit settings page inside your Merchant account. Once inside this page, scroll to the bottom of the first section where you see three large boxes titled:
- Reply Email Text: Sent to your Affiliates when they APPLY for your program.
- Reply Email Text: Sent to your Affiliates when they are DECLINED for your program
- Reply Email Text: Sent to your Affiliates when they are APPROVED for your program
We want to focus on how you respond in just the Auto-Apply email for this tip and there are three main points to remember.
- Give a brief program overview – Let the Affiliate know a bit about how your Merchant Program is run, what is expected of Affiliates, how your commissioning works as well as any other pertinent information to the Affiliates they will need to know before being approved.
- Timeframe for Approval – This is very important to Affiliates who sign up for programs as they will be looking for Merchants who review applications and approve or decline Affiliates in a timely manner.
- Contact Info – Make sure your contact information appears in the reply as well. Affiliates may have to reach you in the case of a mistake in their application or if they have general questions. This communication can be beneficial for both sides in the long run!