Over the next few weeks I will be posting a series titled the “Pledges and Expectations”. The goal of this series is to set out what we pledge to our clients, as well as what we then expect from them. The series will be about 5 posts long and will start with one regarding Outsourced Program Managers or “OPMs”. So let’s get started! :)
1. We consider OPMs or (Outsourced Program Managers) to be some of our most valued partners in the industry. OPMs provide a valuable service managing affiliate programs hosted on our network, as well as bring us in touch with new partners on both sides of our network. As a result of their expertise in management, we often are able to do things and provide services to OPMs that wouldn’t work for individual merchant programs such as landing pages, partnership and events. We pledge to help OPMs grow their businesses in any way where we see is possible.
2. ShareASale also provides in-house management services through our Client Services Department. We pledge to any OPM that we will never approach a client that we know to be working with an OPM to market our own management services. On the occasion that a merchant client approaches us with questions about our services we will always discuss the situation with the OPM prior to any services being provided. In any situation such as that we would always prefer that the client stay with their current OPM.
3. We pledge never to share information that we have concerning an OPM firm with another OPM firm. This could include things like pricing information, conference attendance, etc…
4. We expect that OPMs managing programs on ShareASale show due respect for the affiliates of the network and merchant program. We expect that OPMs understand that each individual merchant program is its own entity and that OPMs should not utilize ShareASale tools to recruit an affiliate from one program that they manage to any other program. ShareASale goes to great lengths to protect the privacy of affiliates on our network and thus we expect OPMs to uphold that integrity. When using the ShareASale interface, newsletters and such should be specific to the merchant program and not be utilized to recruit to other programs that are managed by the OPM or general recruitment.
5. We expect that OPMs who utilize the ShareASale interface do not collect information from the interface for any purpose other than to grow that specific program that they are working on. For example, ShareASale offers full transparency into referral URLs of captured sale transactions… This information is provided so that merchants who have accounts on ShareASale can ensure the quality of their program, and to help them if they do find affiliates whom they suspect are linking to their program inappropriately. We expect the OPMs understand the purpose of this type of information and do not use it for any reason.
6. We expect that OPMs understand that they are leaders in the industry in several ways: Knowledge, experience, and public recognition.
Well… it is a start. It is also a two-way conversation…so if you have anything you would like to add from the merchant, affiliate, or OPM perspective…please post it here and I will let you know our position, etc…
Next up: Our pledges and expectations regarding affiliates utilizing PPC (Paid Search) campaigns on search engines…. stay tuned!!