In your journey through Affiliate Marketing, there will likely come a time when you want to direct readers to a specific page on a Merchant’s website. But what if this specific link doesn’t exist in the Merchant’s Creative Inventory?
You create your own in three simple steps utilizing the ShareASale Custom Link Tool!
STEP 1: Copy Destination URL
This is the URL to the page were your readers would land after clicking the link – typically this is deep link to a category page, a sale page, a specific product(s) page.
STEP 2: Click on Links > Create a Custom Link
Once you have the desired URL, log into your ShareASale Affiliate Account and click on Links > Create a Custom Link.
STEP 3: Create the Link
You are now on the “Create a Custom Link Page”. There are five different parts to this page, only two of which are required.
- Required Fields
- Merchant for this link: Choose the Merchant from the drop down menu
- Destination URL: Paste the URL from Step 1
- Optional Fields
- Additional Tracking: To accomplish 2 level tracking, or “SubID” tracking so that you can track which of your visitors perform buy actions or lead actions.
- Create License Plate Link: If you would like a shortened link to utilize on social media outlets, select “yes”. A shortened URL will look something like shrsl.com/~123
- Activate Social Sharing Functions: Social Sharing Functions make it easy for your visitors to share your link with others on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media outlets
Done! Your link is ready to be posted and shared!