1. Sign up for an Affiliate Webinar!
ShareASale offers Beginner and Advanced level Webinars to help you learn and navigate your ShareASale account. Sign up for our “Affiliate 101 Webinar” for an introduction to the ShareASale affiliate interface. Topics covered: finding merchants, grabbing creatives, creating custom links, building baskets and report generation.
Upcoming Affiliate 101 Webinars:
Check out the full schedule here: http://blog.shareasale.com/2009/12/22/webinar-schedule/
2. Search for Merchant Programs
Now that you’ve been approved to ShareASale, it’s time to start searching for Merchant Programs to join. I suggest selecting five Merchants to get you started. Quality of quantity is key. There are a number of different ways to search for Merchant programs, and several factors to look for.
Within the Interface:
- Merchants Tab > Search for Merchants
- Browse by Keyword for Merchant or Product Matches
- Browse by Popular Merchants- Top 100 PowerRank
ShareASale Merchant Catalogs:
ShareASale Pinterest Boards
3. Organize your Merchant Searches
Create a Basket to hold all of your new Merchant searches! Not only do baskets organize your Merchant Searches, but they allow you to come back later and apply to all the programs at once.
Merchants Tab > Search for Merchants > New Basket
4.Write a Great Description!
When you are ready to apply for a program, click “Join Program”, but be sure to write a great description about your website to help speed up the application approval process. Once you write your description click “Apply!”
- List General Marketing Plan – For example: I plan to use banners and text links to advertise.
- List Websites you will use.
- Place Description in box provided on each Merchant application.
5. Get Creatives
Once you’ve been approved for a Merchant program, it’s time to get some creatives to put on your website, promote via social media, add to your email campaigns, etc…
- Types of creatives could include – Banners, Text Links, Videos, Product Datafeeds, License Plate (shortened) Links, Custom Links, Widgets…
6. Sign Up for RSS Feeds
Stay up to date with the new programs joining the network, new deals being added by Merchants and much more using the ShareASale RSS Notifications.
- Tools Tab > RSS Notifications
- ShareASale Blog: Stay up-to-date with ShareASale news and interesting tidbits.
- New Programs: Instant notification on New Programs that join ShareASale.
- Deals Database: Notification on new coupons, deals and promotions from Merchants
7. Get Familiar with Important Reports
ShareASale has over fourteen different reports available to Affiliates. While it’s a lot to look through at first, be sure to at least familiarize yourself with the following two:
- Activity Details Report: Reports Tab > Activity Details
- Merchant Summary Report: Reports Tab > Merchant Summary Report
8. Double Check your Settings!
Make sure Name, Address and Payment Information are correct inside your account to ensure timely payment of commissions.
- Account Tab > Edit Settings
9. Ask Questions!
If you find yourself asking “How do I _______ on ShareASale?”, ask the Wiki! The ShareASale Wiki features answers to common questions from industry experts. Search for questions, ask your question…get answers!
10. Get Social
Link up with ShareASale on social media. On a regular basis we post information about Affiliate Best Practices, Conferences & Meetups, Important Industry Information, and even a few hilarious posts about our office.
If you have any other questions about How to Get Started, contact our Client Services team via ShareASale@ShareASale.com!