Who doesn’t love to receive a gift?!
But how many of you actually know how to properly wrap a present?
No worries, I’m here to teach you how to wrap a present like a boss!
First, I want to quickly explain why. Why is wrapping gifts so important?
- It’s pretty!
- It’s personal!
- It’s festive!
- It creates anticipation.
- Conceals the gift.
Think twice about handing someone a gift unwrapped or wrapping in a plastic bag. Spend an extra 5 minutes to give that person a wrapped, appealing gift.
So let’s get wrapping!
(disclosure: I am showing you how I do it, however, there are many different methods.)
First things first: Gather your supplies.
You will need: scissors, tape, wrapping paper and your present.
Measure your wrapping paper.
Lay your box flush against the edge of the paper and “roll” it across the paper. Once you have flipped each flat edge, leave an extra inch and cut the paper all the way across.
Then measure the short edges. Bring the wrapping paper to touch the top of the each side edge of the box and cut.
Bring the two long ends together.
Wrap the paper around the box, meeting the two ends in the middle and securing with piece of tape.
- Start with the present upside-down.
- Give one of the ends a seam by folding it. (gives it a clean look)
- Crease along the box’s corners for easy folding.
Now it is time for the tricky ends.
Fold two smaller edges towards the center of the box in such a way that the longer ends’ flaps become triangular. Then bring those remaining flaps into the middle and secure with a piece of tape.
- Crease the folds well and it will make it easier to tape.
- Again, give the top layer a small fold for a cleaner look.
- The top layer should be the one that goes towards the bottom of the box.
Repeat on the other end.
Add a bow, ribbon or any other pretty nonsense to your gift!
- Simple Bow
- Curling your ribbon
- Add stamps
- Name of recipient (an important one!)
- The options are endless – be creative!
Think outside the box when decorating your present! (pun intended)