Last month, ShareASale exhibited at the Internet Retailer Conference in Chicago. As the Agency Relationship Manager at ShareASale, the most common question I personally answered was,“How can my agency work with ShareASale?”.
As agencies typically manage a number of different Affiliate Programs for Retailers/Merchants, their needs can vary greatly from a single Merchant Program.
Today I’ll cover…
- How an Agency can start working with ShareASale
- Why an Agency should work with ShareASale
How to Start Working with ShareASale
Getting on our radar is a fairly simple process, one only needs to email me at Bethany [at] ShareASale.com or come to one of the numerous conferences we attend and drop off a card.
After that, there are a few expectations to get the ball rolling:
- Set up a call to discuss ShareASale
- Before the call check out the ShareASale blog and other resources
- Share information on the agency history and future goals
- Ask as many questions as humanly possible to ensure the right fit
- Be prepared to discuss potential clients and specific timelines
After this introductory call, we will continue dialogue to ensure there is a complete understanding of the agency goals and how ShareASale can help.
Reach out to me today at Bethany [at] Shareasale.com and we can talk about establishing or improving your relationship with ShareASale.
Why Work with ShareASale?
The how of becoming an agency in the ShareASale network is fairly straightforward and is primarily based on communication. One of the questions that I am not often asked but in some ways is much more important is “Why you would want to be an agency with ShareASale?”
This is the question that I attempt to answer from the very first interaction between myself and the agency. This is because every business relationship is only as good as the actual return one receives from it.
Here are the reasons “Why you would want to be an agency with ShareASale?”:
- ShareASale does not participate in in house management, ensuring no conflict of interest.
- Agency Relationship Manager, who is available to field questions and concerns, streamlining the service experience.
- Resources and educational materials to help build sales.
- One on one strategy sessions and continual education on ShareASale tools and reporting.
- Versatile technology and tools that allow for program customization.