Everyday Merchants are searching for ways to get the leading edge on their competition and garner top Affiliates’ interest. Fancy newsletters are composed, incentives brainstormed, and custom links, deals, and banners uploaded.
But how can dust off your mad technical skills to set your program apart from the rest? What possible overlooked areas of interest could be waiting to help your program shine? Great questions! Here are a few options:
1. Use the API!
Affiliates don’t always enjoy seeing Merchant reconciliations happening last minute before their transactions will be paid. When the day before their commissions are due several turn up VOID, it can raise eyebrows and cause stomping of feet even if the practice is totally honest.
So why not send your transaction edits and returns in real-time automatically? The ShareASale API supports this and with a little technical know-how your billing system could be sending its changes to ShareASale live as soon as they happen. It’s less work for you and helps Affiliates understand the normal course of transaction maintenance.
2. Be creative with your offer using commission rules!
These rules are extremely powerful, flexible ways to create logic that will adjust commissions if certain conditions are met.
- How about rewarding Affiliates extra if they send you a brand new customer?
- What about using ShareASale’s clickstream technology to focus on specific click profiles in your conversions? For instance, a blogger also had traffic earlier than another so instead of only paying the last click offer something to both.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
3. Consider an HTML creative.
They’re great for e-mail marketing templates, or even creating an Affiliate form interested traffic can fill out and submit before they reach your site. Depending on the results, you could actually tailor the landing page to their input, surely increasing conversion rates.
4. Use our Text Message Alerts to tell you about vital account statuses that might affect your Affiliates. You can provide a number to SMS if your account is temporarily offline, low funds, or encountered a failed auto-deposit.
5. Automate your FTP access rules. Affiliates not only require approval for program membership, but often they would like to request your product datafeed via FTP instead of manual login retrieval. Merchants must accept these requests and pay a one-time one dollar fee for each granted. Setup conditions to automatically accept the small fee and grant Affiliates your feed via FTP server instead. Long waiting times for FTP approval notice can cause Affiliates to neglect your program’s product links without you possibly knowing!
These are just five solutions to improve your program with ShareASale’s technology. Feel free to comment with others or explore on your own inside the interface.