Make an Easy Transition from Google Affiliate Network
In the wake of Google’s announcement concerning the closure of the Google Affiliate Network, ShareASale would like to remind our Affiliate and Merchant partners of our commitment to you.
ShareASale has been in business for over 13 years, exclusively as an Affiliate Marketing Network. In the upcoming months, we’ll be here to assist you in any way possible.
As such, we have included a few recommendations and tips for both Merchants and Affiliates on successfully transitioning off of the Google Affiliate Network.
For ShareASale Merchants Migrating Affiliates from Google Affiliate Network
- Communication is Key - Make sure your Affiliates know where they can go to find your Affiliate Program. Provide your contact information should they need assistance in migrating their links.
- React Quickly - It’s possible that your Affiliates are migrating many different Merchant Programs to other networks. Be fast and responsive to inquires and applications.
- Use the Co-Branded Page – The Co-Branded Link allows Affiliates to apply to your program and the ShareASale Network at the same time. For current ShareASale Affiliates, it allows them to login and apply to your program in one click.
Your Co-Branded Page:
For Affiliates Migrating Links from Google Affiliate Network
In the next few days, make sure that you develop a plan and strategy for your migrations.
- Review Revenue by Merchant – Make sure to check through a full year’s worth of data within the Google Affiliate Network, so that you do not miss Merchants who become active during seasonal months.
- Prioritize Merchant Transitions – Your high revenue merchants are the ones you will want to transition first and reach out to individually so that you can ensure a smooth transition.
- Update Links Efficiently – When transitioning to ShareASale, please be advised that we have a number of search tools within our interface to make finding Merchants and links a breeze:
If you have programming resources, there are several automated methods of finding Merchants and extracting links by using the ShareASale API.
Need Help or Assistance?
For Current Merchants:
For Sales Inquiries:
Hi! I'm Sarah, the Director of Client Services for ShareASale.com. I came to ShareASale in 2005 and am responsible for providing strategic guidance and educational resources to Merchants & Affiliates that can be used to grow their accounts. My favorite thing in the world, aside from affiliate marketing of course, is traveling. Random fact: my first concert ever was Neil Diamond when I was 4. As a result, I know an alarmingly large number of Neil Diamond songs. Don’t be a hater.