Presenting Your Best Self – 1: Program Bio
Today, let’s talk about your Program Bio.
Don’t be afraid to beef up your Program Bio to convey how wonderful your website and program are. Too often I come across some Program Bio’s that consist of one or two sentences that vaguely describe the site, not doing any justice to the Program itself. Let’s put an end to the injustice!
What to include in your Program Bio?
- Introduction. Include a brief paragraph about your company/products. Describe why your site is wonderful, unique, and competitive.
- Program Details. Bullet all of the reasons Affiliates should partner with you. This would include commission rate, cookie duration, coupons, performance incentives, regular newsletter, datafeed, conversion rate, average order, etc.
- Marketing Opportunities. Think about the different audiences that your product or service can be targeted to. By highlighting this information, you may spark an idea with Affiliates about ways they could promote your offer. Data could include niche, site demographics, seasonality, and verticals.
- Images. The Program Bio can be created in HTML. Take advantage of this to create a description that has the same feel and branding as your site. You could include a few product images to give potential Affiliates an idea of what you sell.
- Contact Information. Do not forget to include your Affiliate Manager’s name, phone, and email. You want to let the Affiliates know that your program is actively managed by someone that will be responsive to their questions and inquiries.
Hi! I'm Sarah, the Director of Client Services for ShareASale.com. I came to ShareASale in 2005 and am responsible for providing strategic guidance and educational resources to Merchants & Affiliates that can be used to grow their accounts. My favorite thing in the world, aside from affiliate marketing of course, is traveling. Random fact: my first concert ever was Neil Diamond when I was 4. As a result, I know an alarmingly large number of Neil Diamond songs. Don’t be a hater.